|Important note for authors: When you edit this page, you agree to release your contribution into the public domain. If you don't want this or can't do this because of license restrictions, please don't edit. This page is one of the Public Domain Help Pages, which can be freely copied into fresh wiki installations and/or distributed with MediaWiki software; see Help:Contents for an overview of all pages. See Project:PD help/Copying for instructions.|
If file uploads are enabled, you can upload certain types of files to the wiki. This is particularly useful for uploading images, which you want to place on an article, but you can also upload other types of files.
Upload a file
- Prepare the file for upload. Make sure the file is exactly as you want it.
- In the sidebar, under “werkzeuge”, click “datei hochladen.”
- Click “Browse” next to the “Quelldatei:” to locate the file on your computer (the name of the “browse” button depends on your web browser).
- Change the “Zielname:” to something descriptive, if necessary.
- Fill in the “Beschreibung,” if necessary.
- Click the “Datei hochladen” button.
If it is a large file, you may need to wait several seconds for the upload to complete.
Using Images and File Description Pages
After you've uploaded a file, you can use it in an article, with some special wiki syntax to create the link. See Hilfe:Images.
Your file gets its very own “File Description Page” within the Datei namespace of the wiki. You should edit this page to provide more information about the file. For example, many public wiki projects are quite sensitive to copyright issues, and so you should explain where you got the file from, and what its copyright status is, on the description page. Any other useful descriptive notes could also be added there.
List of Files in the Wiki
There are a number of special pages to help you view and manage files which have been uploaded. Go to “Spezialseiten” (in the werkzeuge on the left) and then see...
- Neue Dateien - If you just uploaded one, you will see it here.
- Dateiliste shows all of the files
- Verwaiste Dateien helps you track down files which might not be needed.
See Hilfe:Special pages for details of the other information available here.